We are built to make you better.
ESI is a global, project focused training company. Our clients tell us that we’re better and different because we take them beyond traditional training to achieve sustained, measurable results.
We do this by putting you in control of how you manage your projects, your stakeholders and your contracts so that you can bring certainty to your commitments.
Our staff and instructors are dedicated and passionate about enabling you to improve vital skills to achieve great things now and prepare you for what’s next.
What do I say to my manager about ESI?
We get asked these questions all the time…so here’s some coaching on what to say when you are asked “Why ESI?”:
What assurance do I have that your training will improve my knowledge and skills, improve my job performance or deliver business results to my organization?
At ESI, we’re better and different because we do measure this stuff. We can tell you how 50,000 project and contract managers and their managers have answered the same question.
- 94% of ESI learners reported that they learned new knowledge and skills during their ESI class
- Immediately after training, 88% of ESI learners reported that the time they spent in training was a worthwhile investment in their career development
- 84% of ESI learners said that their job performance would improve by 50% or more as a result of their participation in ESI training
How is your content, your instructors, your pre/post event support any different than your competitors?
It’s easy to fixate on one or two things… sometimes it’s instructors, sometimes it’s content, sometimes it’s pre- and post-support, but it’s never really about one thing—it’s about knowing how to use all of them to get to a result. And frankly, that takes resources and experience, and none of ESI’s competitors come close to matching us in either of these categories.
Here are some quick facts…
- 80,032 project managers, contract managers and business analysts trained last year with 95% recommending ESI to a friend or colleague
- Training in 59 global public locations and physical offices in 13 countries
- 65% of the Fortune 100 as active clients
- 5,910 courses sessions delivered in 2011
- Approximately 600 instructors delivering globally in 13 languages with an average evaluation score of 94%
- 107 courses to be applied to 13 different certificate programs
- Four-time winner of ASTD Excellence in Practice Award and Chief Learning Officer Magazine Silver Award for excellence in course content
My boss thinks I am already good at project management, so why would I need a class from ESI?
You have a choice: you can either get even better, or stay the same. It’s likely that you did not achieve your current level of maturity without a commitment to continuous improvement. And you likely have a next level in mind. Demonstrate initiative, and tell your manager where you want to go and detail the knowledge and skills it will take to get you there. ESI has assessment tools to help you design a learning path specific to your goals—so you invest not in more than you need, but in exactly what you need.
I can see you add value to your training programs beyond the classroom experience compared to your competitors, but there’s a considerable price variance. Why?
What we are really talking about is outcome. When you say that we are more expensive compared to our competitors, then you are assuming the same outcome…and through experience we will tell you, that’s a big assumption…and its one that you don’t have to make. Here’s hard fact: when asked to quantify the performance improvement attributed to ESI training, learners reported a 9% improvement directly tied to the training program.
While this number may seem insignificant, consider a 9% reduction on a $1,000,000 budget; or the impact on a year-long project that is delivered 1 month early (9% ahead of schedule). That’s why we cost more—we deliver results and we have evidence to support it.